Adapted from www.food.com.
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
about 2 inches fresh ginger, peeled (2-3 Tbsp grated)
1/2 head cauliflower, roughly chopped (about 3 cups grated)
1/2 tsp grated lemon rind
2 green onions, chopped
2 Tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toast coconut in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Pulse cauliflower in food processor until it reaches a rice-like consistency. Remove from processor and set aside.
- Add fresh ginger to bowl of food processor and puree.
- Place broth, coconut milk, and ginger in a medium saucepan. Stir with a whisk to combine. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add cauliflower, stir, and return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until cauliflower is cooked through and some of the liquid boils off. Remove from heat.
- Stir in lemon rind and green onions, cover and set aside for 5-10 minutes while the cauliflower continues to absorb the liquid.
- To serve, divide equally among plates and sprinkle with toasted coconut.