Adapted from The Primal Blueprint Cookbook, Mark Sisson and Jennifer Meier.
3 Tbsp grass-fed butter, preferably unsalted
1 pound brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved or quartered, depending on size
1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
3 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place butter on a large, rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast on bottom oven rack for 4-6 minutes or until butter is browned and fragrant.
NOTE: Watch the butter to make sure it doesn't burn.
- Carefully remove the baking sheet. Add brussels and hazelnuts, tossing with a large spoon or spatula to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return the pan to the oven and roast for 7 minutes. Carefully remove, sprinkle with water, and gently toss.
- Return pan to the oven and roast for an additional 7-9 minutes or until brussels are tender and lightly toasted.