1 pound wild whitefish fillets
2 Tbsp raw honey, liquified
zest of 1 orange
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (from about 1/2 large orange)
freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Place fish in a large glass baking dish.
- Season fish with salt and pepper.
- Combine honey and orange juice in a small bowl. Pour over fish.
- Warm oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Working in batches, place fish in pan. (Reserve marinade.) Cook for about 2-3 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. Carefully flip the fish and continue cooking until done, about 1-2 more minutes.
- Remove and keep warm until all of the fish is done.
- While fish cooks, transfer marinade to a small sauce pan. Bring to a rolling boil and continue boiling for 3 minutes.
- To serve, divide fish evenly among plates, drizzle with marinade, and garnish with orange zest. Great served with braised collard greens with bacon.