Adapted from allrecipes.com.
5 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
3 cups chicken broth
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
1 large bunch collard greens (1-1 1/2 pounds)
- In a large stockpot, cook bacon over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until fat is rendered. Add onion and continue cooking until bacon is crispy and onion is translucent.
- Add garlic and stir until just fragrant.
- Add collard greens and stir until they start to wilt.
- Add chicken broth. Season with salt and red pepper.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes or until greens are tender.
- Serve in small bowls.