1 head broccoli, cleaned and separated into uniform-sized pieces
1/2 cup water
freshly ground black pepper
- Place broccoli in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover with a paper towel, then with plastic wrap.
- NOTE: The paper towel helps the plastic from leaching chemicals into your food.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Remove from microwave. Carefully remove and edge of plastic wrap and drain the water.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and season with salt and pepper, if desired.