Adapted from www.foodnetwork.com.
2 Tbsp sea salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
3 whole eggs
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup hot sauce
2 cups almond flour
1 tsp black pepper
4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Warm enough coconut oil in a large cast iron skillet to cover about 1/3 inch. Using a deep fry thermometer, heat the oil until it reaches 350 degrees F.
- While oil heats, Combine almond flour and 1 tsp black pepper in a large bowl.
- Combine sea salt, garlic powder, and 1/2 tsp black pepper in a small bowl. Use the blend to lightly season both sides of chicken. (You will have leftover seasoning.)
- Mix eggs, water, and hot sauce in a medium bowl. One by one, submerse chicken in egg mixture, then dredge in almond flour mixture.
- Working in batches, place chicken in oil. Fry on each side for 2 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack set inside a shallow rimmed baking pan.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
- Serve with your favorite veggie sides. I served with quick steamed broccoli and sweet potatoes I had cooked earlier in the week then sauteed for a couple minutes in coconut oil.