7 ounces mixed salad greens
1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
3 green onions, sliced thin
1 avocado, halved, peeled, pitted, and sliced
1 cup pecans, toasted at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes
2 pears, cored and each sliced into 12 wedges
2 pounds skin-on wild salmon
freshly ground black pepper
lemon pepper vinaigrette
- Combine salad greens, cucumber, green onions, and avocado in a large bowl.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Place peat sliced in a bowl and drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Heat grill to medium. Grill salmon and pears for 10 minutes at about 300 degrees. I used two separate grill pans to grill them alongside each other. (Well, let's say Dave grilled them in the grill pans. He is the grill master, after all.)
- Toss salad greens with about 1/2 of dressing. Transfer to individual salad bowls.
- Divide pears and pecans evenly among salads and arrange on top.
- Remove salmon from skin and divide it among bowls.
- Drizzle with additional dressing.