Adapted from skinnytaste.com.
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 small or 1/2 large onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 stalk celery
2 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup cayenne pepper sauce (I use Frank's Original.)
8 large lettuce leaves
1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
2 stalks celery, cut into two-inch matchsticks
paleo ranch dressing
|Be sure chicken is covered with broth.|
- Place chicken, onions, garlic, celery, and broth in a crock pot. The broth should cover the chicken. If not, add a little water.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours, until it is easily shreddable.
NOTE: If you need to leave it in the crock pot for a longer period (e.g., when you are at work), start out with frozen chicken breasts so that they don't overcook.
- Carefully pour liquid from crock pot, reserving 1/2 cup in the crock pot. Use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Add 1/2 cup of hot sauce and stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.
- To serve, fill each lettuce cup with chicken and top with carrots and celery. Drizzle with paleo ranch dressing and serve with additional hot sauce, if desired.