Serves 4- 6.
3 racks of ribs, cut in half crosswise
1 Tbsp cumin
1 Tbsp paprika
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp garlic pepper seasoning (I use Aromatica Organics.)
2 Tbsp sea salt
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1-2 cups of your favorite paleo-friendly BBQ sauce (My current favorite is Bone Suckin' Sauce, which is sweetened with honey and molasses. Making your own sauce is usually the cleanest route, but sometimes not realistic when you are in a hurry!)
2 large pans (I used foil pans.)
|Once ribs are covered with the rub, place |
them in a pan and cover tightly with foil.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- Remove silver skin from the back of the ribs (optional; I use pliers to do this). Sprinkle both sides of ribs with rub mixture and use your hands to press it into the ribs.
- Place 3 half slabs of ribs in each foil pan.
- Cover the pan tightly with foil. Make sure no air can escape.
- Bake for 3-4 hours, depending on the size of your ribs.
NOTE: I baked three large racks of ribs for about 3.5 hours, then turned the oven off. I removed the ribs just before I was ready to grill them, so total time in the oven was 4 hours.
- Remove from oven. Place ribs on a grill set to medium-high heat. Baste with 1 cup of barbecue sauce. Grill for about 3-4 minutes per side. Great served with simple cole slaw.
NOTE: The meat will literally be falling off the bone. Use a grill rack if you have one. We lost a couple of bones while grilling!