Friday, March 18, 2011

Crock Pot Ribs

I've been in a crock pot kind of mood these days, mostly because I like going through my day knowing that my dinner is already in the works. And partly because crock pot cooking results in moist and tender meat, if done right. This recipe is definitely done right. I usually slow cook my ribs in the oven, which is still a great way to do it. But today I popped my ribs in the crock pot early and tonight they are SO fall-off-the-bone tender and moist. Yum. Can't get much easier than this! I served the ribs with warm cabbage salad, a nice cool-weather take on cole slaw.

Ingredients
2 racks of beef or pork ribs
sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
1 onion, sliced
1 cup of your favorite paleo-friendly barbecue sauce (I like Bone Suckin' Sauce.)

Preparation
  1. Cut racks into three or four sections each.
  2. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
  3. Place in crock pot.
  4. Scatter onion on top.
  5. Cook on low for 10 hours.
  6. Use tongs to remove ribs from crock pot.
  7. Pour onion and juices from the crock pot and discard.
  8. Pour a little barbecue sauce in the bottom of the crock pot.
  9. Place a layer of ribs on top. Drizze with sauce. Repeat until all ribs and sauce are back in the crock pot.
  10. Cook on high for 30 minutes.
  11. Serve with additional sauce and warm cabbage salad or your favorite side.

No comments:

Post a Comment