Adapted from skinnytaste.com.
8 bone-in, skinless chicken thighs
1/3 cup coconut aminos
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1 small head garlic, cloves peeled and smashed
6 ground peppercorns
4 bay leaves
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- Combine aminos, vinegar, garlic, jalapeno, and pepper in a dish or resealable plastic bag.
- Add chicken and marinade for one hour to overnight (ideal).
- Place chicken with marinade in a crock pot and place bay leaves on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 hours or until cooked through.
- Carefully pour pan juices into a small sauce pan. Reduce over medium heat for about 15 minutes. (Use this time to make your side dish.)
- Discard bay leaves and serve with sauteed cauliflower and chard or your favorite veggie side.