3 avocados, peeled, pitted, and mashed with a fork
juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
freshly ground black pepper
freshly prepared pico de gallo or salsa (from salad bar)
2 cups of chopped rotisserie chicken
juice of 1/2 lime
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
2 cups almond flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 large eggs
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil, plus 2 Tbsp more for frying
- Combine avocados, lime juice, and cilantro in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine chicken, juice of 1/2 lime, and smoked paprika in a medium bowl. Stir to combine. Just before eating, warm mixture in the microwave at 60 percent heat for about 60-90 seconds, if desired. (It is also good left cold.)
- Prepare tostada shells by combining almond flour, sea salt, and cayenne in a medium bowl. Add eggs and 1 tsp olive oil and mix thoroughly with a spoon until a nice dough forms. If it seems dry, keep stirring for a bit. If needed, add just a touch of water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Roll each piece into a ball. One at a time, place each dough ball between two sheets of parchment paper and press wth the palm of your hand to form 1/4- to 1/8-inch thick circles.
- Warm 2 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet. Fry each tostada in the hot oil for about 30-40 seconds on each side. Transfer to a double layer of paper towels to drain.
- To serve, place 1-2 tostadas on each plate, spread with avocado mixture, then top with chopped chicken. Garnish liberally with salsa.