Adapted from www.everydaypaleo.com
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 lb mild Italian pork sausage or other ground meat of your choice
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ head or 5 cups thinly sliced green cabbage (or substitute bagged cabbage slaw)
- 2 tablespoons grass fed butter (or ghee, or coconut oil)
- ½ teaspoon caraway seeds
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Fresh ground black pepper and sea salt to taste
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage.
- Once the sausage is fully cooked, remove it from the pan and set aside.
- Add the butter to the same pan with the sausage drippings and add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes or until the onions start to brown a bit.
- Add the cabbage and cook for another 7-10 minutes or until the cabbage is soft and "noodle-y."
- Add the sausage back to the pan, add the spices, mix well and serve!