Adapted from Steak with Friends, at home, with Rick Tramonto.
Ingredients (makes about 2 cups)
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup Champagne vinegar
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- pinch of chopped fresh or dried oregano
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a food processor, combine garlic, basil, and oregano. Pulse until finely chopped, but not pureed. Remove the mixture from the processor and set aside. (No need to wipe out the bowl of the processor.)
- Add wine vinegar, Champagne vinegar, water, honey, and mustards. Process until blended.
- With the motor running, drizzle the oil through the lid until the dressing emulsifies.
- Add the basil combination, red pepper flakes, and freshly ground pepper and pulse until combined.
- Transfer to a dressing bottle or another container. Refrigerate any unused portion for up to 1 week. Stir or gently shake the dressing before use.