1 medium head cauliflower, leaves and stem removed
8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 medium onion, chopped
freshly ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 Tbsp snipped fresh chives
coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut cauliflower into large pieces and pulse, in batches if necessary, in a food processor until it reaches a rice-like consistency.
- Melt 1 Tbsp coconut or olive oil in a rimmed baking sheet. Add cauliflower rice in a single layer and toss with oil. Prop oven door open with a kitchen towel to let steam escape. Roast for 10-15 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring every 5 minutes until done.
- In a large skillet, add 1 Tbsp coconut or olive oil. Saute onions and mushrooms for 10 minutes or until onions start to turn translucent.
- Add garlic, walnuts, and cauliflower, tossing to combine. Saute over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until warmed through and thoroughly combined.
- To serve, garnish with snipped chives.