Friday, February 24, 2012

Time for a Treat

As I sit here still working on my regular weekly post, I realized that this week is pretty much a wash. Expect a new plan out on Monday. But for now, I want to share a yummy recipe for scones that I  made earlier in the week...and will be making again today.  In my opinion, these scones rival bakery scones. They have a great, light texture and delicious balance of vanilla and chocolate flavors. Feel free to sub fruit or nuts if you are not a fan of chocolate.

For those of you competing in the CrossFit Open, good luck with those burpees. I am still catching my breath from doing them this morning. Now it's time to kick back and relax. Have a great weekend!

Chocolate Chip Scones

2 comments:

  1. These tasted amazing but mine came our flat like a cookie! They were still yummy tho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Anon. Glad you liked the taste! It is important to use a very finely ground blanched almond flour for this recipe to get the right texture. If you use almond meal, you could get the cookie effect. What kind of almond flour did you use?

    ReplyDelete