Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Meal Plan 32

The big news this week is that my 21-day no-sugar (no caffeine, no processed meat) detox is still going strong. With less than a week to go, I am surprised to report that I don't even miss my morning sausage or that occasional indulgence of a late-night square of dark chocolate. I do miss my fruity herbal and green teas, I miss having a glass of wine here or there, and I miss my squash and sweet potatoes! I'll elaborate a little more next week on the upsides and downsides of my detox experience, but for now, please enjoy these five great detox-friendly meals. I was yearning for comfort food and am so happy to have found a recipe for an almond flour pastry crust that is outstanding. In my opinion it rivals a traditional flour crust. I am tweaking another recipe using this same crust recipe that I will share sometime soon. But give the chicken pot pie a go in the meantime. My apologies for the steak and mushroom soup photo. I realize that the soup did not make the photo, but it really was the star of the show!

Thanks to everyone who has been tracking my detox meals on the Paleo Table Facebook page. Likes keep going up each day so THANK YOU! Feel free to post your paleo or cooking questions there as well and I'll do my best to answer them. I also want to send a shout out to Darren, Mary, Elise, Maddie and everyone else out there who's detoxing or in the midst of another paleo lifestyle or fitness challenge. It's not always easy, but it's worth it in the end!

Shopping List for This Meal Plan

Chicken Pot Pies













Easy Fish In Foil with Tomatoes and Arugula













Grilled Vegetable Salad













Skillet Ribeyes with Mushroom Soup













Paleo Rogan Josh with Saffron Peas Pulao


No comments:

Post a Comment