Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Ready to Tailgate Paleo Style?

While we are in the midst of football season in America, many people in other countries around the world are cheering for their home team, whatever sport it may be. Of course, all of this cheering--wherever it occurs--is usually done while munching on some not-so-healthy snacks. I thought I'd ride the coattails of the paleo beer review and share these great tailgating recipes with you. They've all been thoroughly tested by my family and friends and each one is yummy in its own right. Give them a try for your next tailgating experience, or while watching from the comfort of your own home. Enjoy!

Paleo Chili













Crispy Salami Chips with Thyme Mustard













Paleo Potato Skins













Paleo Chicken Wings













Guacamole with Veggies



2 comments:

  1. These look great! those potato skins are making my mouth water! Was just wondering if you have suggestions for snacks? I eat a lot of fruit and sometimes will have deli meat but would like more variety--suggestions? convenience and portability is a definite plus!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Al. The potato skins taste great...give them a try! For snacks, I like to have hard-boiled eggs, baby carrots, avocado, nuts, nut butter, coconut butter, and home-made paleo bars on hand (the date nut bar and sweet potato bar recipes are posted. I often cook up several sweet potatoes and keep them in the fridge for post-workout snacks. We also buy these awesome super-clean meat sticks from Wallace Farms. If I'm really hungry, I make a smoothie with frozen banana, coconut milk, coco powder, cinnamon, and almond butter. I love straight-up fruit, too, but try not to go too heavy on it because of the sugar. Hope that helps! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete