Saturday, March 5, 2011

Pesto Roasted Chicken

This is a quick and easy meal to throw together if you plan ahead. I roasted the chickens when I made this recipe, but you could take a shortcut and purchase a rotisserie chicken from the store. I usually have a good stock of pesto ice cubes in my freezer, ready to thaw whenever I need it. You can probably find a paleo-friendly pesto in the refrigerator section of your grocery store. Pesto is so versatile, I use it as a salad dressing over mixed fresh vegetables when I make the pesto chicken. It's a quick, easy, and portable meal that's good warm or cold. Enjoy!

Ingredients
1 roasted chicken
basil walnut pesto, to taste
sea salt
freshly ground black pepper

Preparation
  1. Discard skin from chicken. Shred both white dark meat with your fingers or two forks.
  2. Add pesto. (If frozen, microwave it at medium heat, it heats up fast.) Stir to combine.
  3. Season with salt and pepper.
  4. Serve with mixed veggies (hot or cold) tossed with additional pesto.

No comments:

Post a Comment