4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to about 1/2 inch thick
2 cups hazelnut meal
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp ground mustard (dry)
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp black pepper
2 egg whites
1 Tbsp water
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, for frying
1/4 cup raw honey
1/2 cup dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine hazelnut meal, salt, paprika, mustard, and peppers in a medium bowl.
- Place egg whites in another medium bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Dip chicken in egg whites, then dredge with flour mixture.
- Place in skillet and cook for 2 minutes on each side, adding more oil, if needed.
- Transfer to baking sheet and finish in the oven for 10-15 more minutes or until cooked through.
- While chicken cooks, prepare sauce by combining mustard and honey.
- To serve, plate chicken, drizzle with honey, and serve with shredded Napa cabbage and radish salad or your favorite veggie side.