Makes one dozen eggs.
other: large sauce pan
- Place eggs in a large saucepan in a single layer.
- Fill the pan with enough water to cover the eggs by one inch.
- Bring water just to a boil over medium-high heat.
NOTE: Cooking eggs for too long or at too high of a temperature can result in a greenish ring around the yolk. It doesn't affect the taste, but it just doesn't look as good.
- Cover the pan and remove from heat.
- Let eggs rest in hot water for 15 minutes for large eggs. Adjust time to 9 minutes for small and 12 minutes for medium eggs.
- Carefully move pan to the sink, drain the water, and eat warm; or cool under cold running water.
- Once cooled, store eggs in the refrigerator for up to one week.