1 package boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts (about 1 pound total)
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 jalapeno pepper, diced with seeds (if you want some heat)
1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
1 cup full-fat coconut milk
1 cup chicken stock
1 small head cauliflower, pulsed in a food processor until a rice-like consistency
3 carrots, finely shredded in a food processor
3 green onions, sliced thin
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Warm coconut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and saute for about 5 minutes or until browned on both sides.
- Add jalapeno and ginger and saute 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk and chicken stock. Stir in cauliflower and carrots. Reduce heat to medium, cover and braise for 10 minutes. Uncover, increase the heat to high, and cooked until liquid is almost evaporated, chicken is cooked through, and vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in green onions.
- To serve, spoon chicken mixture into shallow bowls or plates. Top with sliced green onions, if desired.