Adapted from www.food.com.
One 5-pound ham
1 tsp ground cloves
1/2 cup raw honey, liquified
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp pure orange or pineapple juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place ham, skin side up in a roasting pan. Bake, loosely wrapped in foil, for 20 minutes per pound of ham (about 1 hour and 40 minutes).
- While ham cooks, whisk together honey, mustard, and juice in a small bowl.
- Remove ham from oven and use a sharp knife to score fat in a diamond pattern.
- Brush with honey glaze.
- Return ham to oven and continue to bake uncovered for 20-30 more minutes, basting every 10 minutes with the pan drippings.