one 2-3 pound roasting chicken, trussed (legs tied)
freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Rinse and thoroughly dry inside and outside of chicken with paper towels.
- Season the inside and outside liberally with salt and the outside liberally with paprika. If you see moisture developing, just pat it off with paper towels.
- Roast for 50-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the bird registers 165 degrees F.
- Carefully transfer chicken to cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice and plate or serve family style on a platter.