Adapted from paleohealing.wordpress.com.
1 pound skinless cod fillets
2 cups carrots, sliced on the diagonal into 1/2-inch pieces (1/2-3/4 pounds)
5 cups broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces (about 1 pound)
sesame seeds, optional
1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
2 Tbsp coconut aminos
1 tsp raw honey
1 tsp fish sauce
hot sauce, to taste
|Layer broccoli and carrots in the bottom.|
|Place fish in the top steamer tray.|
- Make sauce by combining all ingredients in a small bowl and stirring with a whisk. Set aside.
- Set a bamboo steamer basket in a large skillet filled with about one inch of water.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Place broccoli and carrots in the bottom rack. Steam over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add fish on top rack and continue to steam for 5-7 more minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Transfer to a bowl and drizzle with sauce. Toss gently to coat. Transfer to individual serving bowls garnish with sesame seeds, and serve with additional coconut aminos, if desired.