Adapted from adrianamullenphotographyblog.com.
Two 3/4 to 1 pound pork tenderloins
8 ounces mushrooms, cleaned, stemmed, and chopped
2 Tbsp minced shallots
1 Tbsp minced fresh garlic
1-2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup beef stock
11 ounces fresh spinach
freshly ground black pepper
4 ounces prosciutto
6 sprigs fresh rosemary
|Tuck small ends under to make tenderloin uniformly thick.|
|Compress spinach on top of the tenderloins.|
|Compress mushroom layer on top of spinach.|
|Place prosciutto slices across the tenderloins |
and tie with kitchen twine. Tuck rosemary under the twine.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, warm olive oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and saute for 6 minutes. Add the shallots and garlic and continue to saute until garlic is fragrant, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add beef stock, increase heat to medium high and simmer until almost all of the liquid cooks off, about 5-6 minutes. Transfer mixture to a bowl and let cool.
- While mushrooms cook, steam the spinach by placing in a steamer insert over a pan of simmering water. Add a little at a time until it begins to wilt, then continue adding spinach in batches until it is all steamed. Transfer to a collander to drain, then squeeze in a paper towel until the moisture is removed.
- Lie tenderloins out on a cutting board. Tuck any small ends under to make it a uniform thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the spinach between the two tenderloins and arrange it in a layer across the top. Compress the spinach so that it is firmly packed on top of the pork.
- Divide the mushroom mixture and spread it over the spinach. Compress it so that it is in a firm, tight cylinder.
- Place prosciutto slices across the tenderloins. Tuck the ends underneath, then tie roast securely with kitchen twine.
- Tuck rosemary sprigs under the twine.
- Bake on a rimmed baking sheet for 45 minutes or until the internal temperature registers 140 degrees F. Remove from oven and let rest under loosely tented foil for 10-20 minutes.
- Slice in 1/2-inch thick slices. If desired, serve with a green salad or your favorite veggie side.