Adapted from allrecipes.com.
Serves 1, but easily scaleable.
1 tsp ginger root, shredded
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp coconut aminos
1 tsp raw organic honey
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 mahi-mahi fillet
freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Use a whisk to combine ginger, garlic, aminos, honey, and vinegar in a shallow dish.
- Season fish with salt and pepper, and place into the dish. If your fish has skin, place it skin-side down. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes, flipping the fish after 10 minutes so both sides are marinated.
- Warm oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place fish in pan, reserving marinade. Cook for 4-6 minutes on each side, turning once, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Transfer fish to a plate and keep warm
- Reduce heat to medium and add marinade to skillet. Let simmer for about 2 minutes or until it thickens to a glaze consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over fish and serve with mixed veggies on the side.