1 small butternut squash
1-3 Tbsp coconut milk (optional)
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut butternut squash lengthwise, scoop out seeds, and rub insides with coconut oil.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until flesh is completely soft.
- Remove from oven. Process until smooth.
- While squash bakes, slowly warm butter in a small pan over medium-low heat. When it starts to brown and become fragrant, add hazelnuts and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes, being careful that the butter doesn't burn.
- To serve, scoop squash onto plates and drizzle hazelnut brown butter over the top.