1 pound wild fish fillet, divided into two portions
juice of 1/2 lemon
2-3 tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/2 yellow onion, peeled and diced
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
1 bunch fresh arugula, washed and dried, tough stems removed
freshly ground black pepper
|Use plenty of arugula since it will cook down during steaming.|
|Overlap two opposite sides, then roll the |
remaining edges to create a steaming packet.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Place arugula in the center of a piece of heavy duty foil, or a double layer of regular foil. Don't be afraid to use a lot of arugula since it steams down quite a bit.
- Place fish on top of arugula.
- Scatter tomato mixture over fish, then drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold sides of foil over the fish to form a secure packet.
- Transfer packets to a baking sheet, then place in the oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a knife.
- To serve, place fish packets on plates, open carefully to let out the steam. There will be some liquid in the packet created during steaming, so it's easiest to serve directly from the foil.