one 1.75-2 pound beef tenderloin
freshly ground black pepper
extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drizzle olive oil on both sides of tenderloin and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Tuck narrow end of tenderloin under the top to even out the thickness of the roast.
- Place tenderloin on a roasting rack in a roasting pan.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F (for rare to medium rare). Remove from oven and let rest on a cutting board under tented foil for 5 minutes.
- To serve, slice into 1/2 inch pieces and plate alongside gourmet mushrooms or your favorite vegetable side.