Adapted from paleohealing.wordpress.com.
Serves 4 (with leftover turkey for another use).
1 boneless or bone-in turkey breast - mine was about 6 1/2 pounds
1/2 cup St. Dalfour Ginger and Orange Marmalade
1 cup fresh cranberries
2 Tbsp arrowroot powder
freshly ground black pepper
|St. Dalfour marmalade contains all natural|
ingredients, making it an easy sauce base.
- Season turkey generously with salt and pepper.
- Place turkey breast in crock pot.
- Spoon marmalade over turkey, then sprinkle cranberries on top.
- Cook on low for 8 hours (possibly less for a smaller or boneless breast).
- Transfer turkey to a large bowl, remove bones and skin, and shred using two forks.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove any bones or large chunks from the liquid in the crockpot.
- Turn crock pot to high, add 2 Tbsp arrowroot powder, and stir with a whisk for about 5 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken.
- Put enough shredded turkey back into the gravy so that it is well coated. Reserve the rest of the turkey for another use.
- Let cooked turkey marinate in gravy for 5-10 minutes,
- Transfer to plates and serve with your favorite veggie. This went great with pan-roasted carrots and broccoli.