I wanted to jazz up our steaks tonight and I came across this recipe in Rick Tramonto's Steak with Friends cookbook. In my opinion, there is no better resource for steak than Rick Tramonto! Try this recipe and you'll see why! It calls for fresh truffles as an option, which are quite pricey. I used only the truffle oil and they were awesome. I balanced this meal with a green salad tossed with lemon-balsamic vinaigrette. Enjoy!
Adapted from Steak with Friends at Home, Rick Tramonto.
4 grass-fed strip steaks (or your favorite cut)
8 cups water
1 Tbsp distilled white vinegar
4 large eggs (preferably locally sourced)
1 Tbsp white truffle oil
1 tsp chopped canned black or white truffles (optional)
freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- Add water and vinegar to a large, shallow pan and bring to a slow boil.
- Grill steaks for about 5 minutes on each side, or until they reach your desired degree of doneness. Transfer steaks to plates and keep them warm.
- Crack one egg into a small bowl and gently pour into the boiling water. Repeat with remaining eggs. Simmer for approximately 3 minutes or until white is firm and yolk is somewhat runny. Transfer directly onto cooked steaks.
- Top with truffles, if using.
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with truffle oil.