Adapted from seven spoons.
3 ribeye steaks, or your favorite steaks
1 lb bunch of kale, washed, tough stems removed, and torn into large piece
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup dried cranberries (try to get them with no added sugar)
1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Boil the kale until bright green and just tender, about 4 - 5 minutes. Immediately plunge kale into a colander and run icy cold water over it until cooled. Drain well but do not squeeze.
- In the same pot over medium heat, melt the butter with olive oil. Add the onion and saute, stirring occasionally, until the onion is fragrant and beginning to turn translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Add walnuts, tossing to coat, and continue to cook until the nuts are golden and lightly toasted, about 2 minutes.
- Add cranberries and toss to combine.
- Using your hands, separate the kale and open up the leaves, then add to the pot. Stir gently to combine with the onion and walnut mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.