I served this beef with balsamic-roasted butternut squash but it could also work in a lettuce wrap, mounded with avocado and veggies.
Serves 4 - 6.
2 lb beef top round roast (or another roast of the same size)
3 cups water
3/4 cups tamari (adjust to 1/4 cup)
1/4 cup coconut aminos - If you don't have coconut aminos, substitute tamari.
2 tsp herbes de provence
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp garlic
1 bay leaf
3 whole peppercorns
- Combine water, tamari, coconut aminos, and seasonings in slow cooker.
- If needed, cut roast into pieces. I had a large, flat roast so I cut it into four pieces.
- Place roast in slow cooker and coat with liquid mixture.
- Cover. Cook on high 5 - 6 hours. (Adjust to cook on low 5-6 hours or until beef is tender.)
- Shred beef with two forks. Use a slotted spoon to remove the beef.
- Serve juices on the side in small ramekins.