four 8-ounce tuna steaks, approx. 1" thick
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp coconut aminos
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Pat tuna steaks dry with paper towel.
- Combine 1 Tbsp coconut aminos with 1 Tbsp sesame oil. Rub on both sides of the steaks, then sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- Grill tuna steaks for approximately 5 minutes on each side, or until they reach your desired degree of doneness. Cooking time will vary greatly depending on the thickness of the tuna steaks.
NOTE: If you want to prepare this meal on the stovetop, warm 1 Tbsp coconut oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet and follow the same cooking instructions.
- To serve, cut into 1/4 inch slices across the grain.
Adapted from kolarsky.com
1/4 cup coconut aminos
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup water
2 tsp raw honey (optional)
2 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
2 tsp sesame oil
2 green onions, sliced thin
2 Tbls fresh cilantro, chopped
Combine the first seven ingredients (aminos through sesame oil) in a small bowl, whisking to combine. Stir in sliced green onions and chopped cilantro.