Adapted from myrecipes.com.
2 Tbsp plus 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp plus 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil (plus more for steamer rack)
4 tsp fresh lemon juice
4 small garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
sea salt, to taste
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
4 6-oz salmon fillets, skin removed
1 large bunch arugula
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Add about one inch of water in a large, deep skillet. Bring water to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and place bamboo steamer inside pan.
- Oil top rack and place salmon fillets on top in a single layer. Use both racks of the steamer, if needed, making sure to oil each rack. Place lid on steamer.
- Steam salmon for approximately 5 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- While fish is steaming, arrange arugula on each plate. Drizzle a little dressing and toss to combine.
- To serve, place salmon on top of arugula and drizzle with a little more dressing.