2 lb grass-fed ground beef
1 red onion, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup green olives with pimentos
1 jalapeno, seeded and roughly chopped
1/4 cup flat-leaf Italian parsley, tough stems removed
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 egg, slightly beaten, plus 6 more for topping
12 slices of bacon
mixed salad greens
|Starting on opposite sides, |
overlap bacon in a cross shape.
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Place onion, garlic, olives, jalapeno, and parsley in food processor and pulse until finely chopped but not pureed.
- In a large bowl, add beef, onion mixture, red pepper flakes, and egg. Use your hands to thoroughly combine.
- Form mixture into 6 patties.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around a burger, overlapping ends about 1 inch. Trim excess bacon and reserve for another use. Take a second slice of bacon and wrap in the opposite direction, forming a cross shape. Repeat with remaining burgers.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until bacon is cooked through.
- While burgers are cooking, fry or poach eggs.
- To serve, place mixed greens on each plate. Top with burger, egg, guacamole, and salsa.