2 large sweet potatoes or the equivalent in smaller potatoes (about 2 pounds total), thoroughly washed, dried, and halved lengthwise
6 slices bacon
1 Tbsp bacon fat
freshly ground black pepper
4 green onions
Paleo Sour Cream
1/2 cup paleo mayonnaise
1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
|Baking bacon allows you to cook the bacon and sweet potatoes|
simultaneously, and helps to avoid a mess on your stovetop.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place bacon on a cooling rack placed in a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Place sweet potatoes on another baking sheet, rub with a little olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place both pans in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are soft and bacon is crispy.
- Remove from oven, Scoop flesh out of potatoes, reserving half of the flesh for another use.
- Finely chop bacon and mix it in with the remaining potato flesh. Add 1 Tbsp bacon fat and mix well.
- Return bacon mixture to sweet potato shells and return to oven. Broil for 2 minute or until nicely crisped. Remove, slice crosswise into serving pieces and garnish with paleo ranch dressing and chopped green onions.
|Rub sweet potatoes lightly with olive oil and|
season with salt and pepper.