Adapted from myrecipes.com.
4 tsp coconut aminos, divided
2 tsp arrowroot powder
1 pound peeled and deveined medium raw shrimp
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1/4 cup raw almonds, toasted and chopped
1 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and minced
1 Tbsp fresh garlic, minced
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 1/2 cups celery, thinly sliced
1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup chicken stock or broth
1 tsp coconut or apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 Tbsp green onion strips
1/2 head cauliflower, pulsed in a food processor until it is a rice-like consistency
- Combine 2 tsp coconut aminos and arrowroot powder in a small bowl. Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Place cauliflower rice in a microwave-safe bowl, cover, and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until cooked. (Time will vary depending on your microwave.) Keep warm.
- Heat sesame oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add almonds, ginger, garlic, and crushed red pepper; stir fry 30 seconds.
- Add celery and bell pepper; stir fry 2 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Add shrimp mixture; stir fry 2 minutes or until shrimp is just pink on the outside.
- Add remaining 2 tsp coconut aminos and broth.
- Simmer for about 1 minute or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat; add vinegar and salt. Stir to combine.
- To serve, spoon cauliflower rice in the bottom of shallow bowls or serving plates.
- Divide shrimp mixture evenly and spoon over cauliflower rice. Top with onions.