1 jalapeno, cored and seeds removed
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, tough stems removed
1/4-1/3 cup raw honey, liquified
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 large rotisserie chicken, torn into small pieces
1 tsp coconut oil
2 large zucchini squash
3 Tbsp coconut aminos
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- Prepare zucchini noodles by shaving one side with a peeler (I use one like this OXO Y-peeler) or mandoline (like this OXO slicer). Discard (or compost) the outer layer and continue shaving long, thin strips until you reach the seedy core. Flip the zucchini and repeat the process on the opposite side. When you reach the center, repeat the same process on either side until all you have left is the core. Chop up the core and reserve to saute with your eggs in the morning.
- Stack the thin ribbons and cut lengthwise into 2 or 3 strips or "noodles." Set aside in a medium bowl.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine jalapeno, cilantro, honey, water, salt, and pepper. Process until smooth.
- Place chicken in a medium bowl. Add jalapeno mixture and stir gently to combine.
- Warm coconut oil in a large skillet. Add zucchini noodles and saute 5 minutes. Add aminos, sesame oil, and ginger, tossing to combine. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken mixture, tossing gently to combine. Cook for an additional minute or until heated through.
- To serve, divide mixture evenly among two shallow bowls. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.