Adapted from Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics, Ina Garten
Serves 2 (2 fillets per person).
1/2 cup almond flour
freshly ground black pepper
4 fresh sole fillets, 3 to 4 oz each
6 Tbsp unsalted grass-fed butter
1 tsp lemon zest
6 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 - 3 lemons)
1 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and insert two heat-proof plates.
- Combine flour, 2 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper in a large shallow plate. Pat the sole fillets dry with a paper towel and sprinkle one side with salt.
- Heat 3 Tbsp of the butter in a large saute pan or cast-iron skillet over medium heat until it starts to brown.
- Dredge 2 sole fillets in the seasoned flour on both sides and place in the hot butter.
- Lower the heat to medium low and cook for 2 minutes. Turn carefully with a metal spatula and cook for 2 minutes on the other side. Remove cooked fillets to warm plate and repeat process with remaining fillets and remaining 3 Tbsp butter.
- When all fillets are cooked, add lemon juice and rind to pan and stir with a whisk, scraping any browned bits from bottom.
- Drizzle cooked fish with lemon butter sauce, sprinkle with pepper and parsley.
- Serve immediately with lemon-garlic spinach.