2 mild white fish fillets (flounder works well)
1/4 cup coconut flour
freshly ground black pepper
1 to 2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 mango, pitted, peeled, and diced
1 jalapeño, seeded, cored, and diced
1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
1 green onion, thinly sliced; green and white parts
1/2 to 1 lime, juiced
sea salt, to taste
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- For salsa, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, tossing gently. Refrigerate while preparing fish.
- For fish, combine coconut flour, salt, and pepper in a large shallow dish.
- Rinse fish with water and pat with a paper towel to remove most of the moisture. Set fish in the coconut flour and dredge both sides.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet or stovetop griddle. Set fish in hot oil and sauté for 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until fish is cooked through and slightly browned on each side. Work in batches, adding more oil, if necessary.
- To serve, set fish fillet in center of plate. Spoon mango salsa horizontally across fish fillet.