Make-ahead tip: Allow butter to come to room temperature overnight. Measure dry ingredients and mix the night before (step 3). Set eggs in a bowl of warm water first thing in the morning to get them quickly to room temperature before mixing.
Adapted from elanaspantry.com.
Makes 8 biscuits.
2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup grass-fed butter, room temperature
2 eggs, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare muffin tins by coating with butter or coconut oil.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- With a hand mixer, combine butter and eggs in a large bowl.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix using a wooden spoon until dough forms.
- Scoop about 2 Tbsp dough into each muffin tin and press gently.
- Bake for 15 minutes or edges are lightly browned.
- Let cool slightly, then remove biscuits from pan and continue to cool on a cooling rack.