18 medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 head broccoli, broken into uniform-sized pieces
9 slices uncooked bacon
freshly ground black pepper
two-pronged metal skewers or 6-8 wooden skewers that have been soaked in water for 30 minutes
bacon fat, extra virgin olive oil, or coconut oil
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Wrap each piece of shrimp in bacon. Use 1/2 slice bacon per shrimp. Slightly overlap the ends of the bacon, then trim the excess and set aside.
- Thread 5 to 6 shrimp on two wooden skewers (like a ladder) or one two-pronged metal skewer. Use skewers to hold bacon around the shrimp. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Grill for 4 minutes or until bacon is lightly browned. Turn the skewers and cook for an additional 4 minutes on the other side.
- While shrimp cooks, chop excess bacon and saute in a medium skillet over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Add a little bacon fat, coconut oil, or olive oil if pan is too dry. Add broccoli and toss to combine. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook for approximately 5 minutes or until broccoli is crisp tender.
- Remove from heat, season with pepper and a squeeze of lemon. Serve alongside shrimp kabobs.