I have been trying to incorporate more coconut flour in my baking since I am a self-admitted nut addict and know it's not good to consume too many nuts. So here's my go at pumpkin bites with absolutely no nut products. The texture is like a firm pumpkin pie. These are great topped with creamy cinnamon frosting. Enjoy this delicious fall treat!
Makes 48 bite-sized treats.
1 15-ounce can organic pumpkin puree
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/4 cup coconut oil
6 large pastured eggs, room temperature*
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
*To quickly bring eggs to room temperature, set them in a bowl of warm tap water for about 5 minutes.
Makes 48 mini muffins or bite-sized treats, with enough leftover for 2 full-sized muffins.
|I love my brownie bite pans!|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine wet ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth, or combine in a large mixing bowl and use a hand mixer or whisk to combine.
- Sift dry ingredients together in a medium bowl. Pour into wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Scoop mixture into bite pan or mini muffin tins lightly greased with coconut oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely in bite pan. If you are not using a silicone pan, let cool for 5 minutes then remove from pan and cool completely on a cooling rack.