Adapted from paleomama.com.
1 pound pecan halves, about 4 cups
1 egg white
1 Tbsp water
1/2 cup raw honey, liquified (I set my honey jar in a cup of hot water to liquify)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Line a shallow, rimmed sheet with parchment paper.
- Place egg white and water in a large bowl. Stir with a whisk until frothy (think bubble bath).
- Add pecans and stir well with a wooden spoon until they are evenly coated.
- Combine honey, salt, and cinnamon in a liquid measure. Pour over nuts and stir with a wooden spoon to evenly coat.
- Transfer pecans to lined baking sheet. Press into a single layer using a rubber spatula.
- Bake for 60 to 90 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes or so.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a glass baking dish to cool.
NOTE: It is very important to remove the nuts from the parchment before they cool--they will stick.
- Once cool, break into pieces and store in an airtight container at room temperature.