Friday, January 14, 2011

Wild Berry Vinaigrette

I like the combination of pork with berries, but the berry dressing I used to use is not paleo. I figured it would not be hard to create my own--and it wasn't. I found a great recipe and made a couple of changes.  This dressing would also work well with chicken, fish, or vegetables (especially beets!). Give it a try--you'll never miss the sugar. Guilt-free sweetness...

Adapted from wate.com.

Ingredients
1/2 cup blackberries
1/2 cup raspberries
1/4 cup good-quality balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp finely chopped shallot
2 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
freshly ground black pepper

Preparation

  1. Combine berries, vinegar, and oil in a small bowl or dressing shaker (I use this type of glass shaker.) Whisk or shake vigorously to combine.
  2. Mix in shallots, parsley, and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment