Wednesday, January 5, 2011

UN-Stuffed Peppers


I had a lot of pre-cut peppers that I had prepared for a party this week. Thus the UN-stuffed peppers. I modified this from a stuffed pepper recipe I've been using for years.

Serves 3-4.

Ingredients 
1 lb ground Italian sausage
1/2 onion, chopped
2 peppers, cored and sliced (I used orange and yellow, but green and red would work just as well)
14.5 oz diced tomatoes - I like Muir Glen Organics fire-roasted
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp tomato paste
1/2 cup spanish olives, sliced

Preparation
  1. Saute sausage and onion together until sausage is just browned. 
  2. Core and slice peppers. 
  3. Add to sausage mix and saute until softened, 5 - 10 minutes. 
  4. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, and thyme, and simmer for 10 - 15 minutes. Remove from heat. 
  5. Stir in Spanish olives.

No comments:

Post a Comment