Seasoning blend adapted from crossfitelpaso.com.
1 lb ground beef
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp ground cumin
1 Tbsp onion powder
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp paprika
1 cup warm water
1 ripe avocado
3/4 cup tomato sauce (I used 1 can of El Pato Mexican Hot Style Tomato Sauce.)
1/2 lime, juiced
1 sweet red pepper, cored and diced
1 bunch salad greens
1 cup of your favorite salsa (I used fresh salsa from the salad bar.)
1 can sliced black olives
- Cook ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat. Drain fat, if necessary. (I find that grass-fed ground beef requires no draining.)
- Combine spices in a small bowl. Add water and whisk together.
- Add spice liquid to cooked ground beef. Stir to combine and simmer over medium low heat until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 10-15 minutes.
- While taco meat cooks, place avocado, tomato sauce, and lime juice in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. (Be warned, the dressing is not a very attractive color, but it tastes great!)
- To serve, place salad greens in a bowl. Top with red pepper, ground beef, dressing, salsa, and black olives. Enjoy!