1 large spaghetti squash
1 c grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup basil, cut in thin ribbons or "chiffonade"
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp good quality balsamic vinegar
- Pierce the squash several times with a fork or sharp knife, being sure to pierce all the way through to the middle.
- Microwave whole squash at 70 percent power for 15 minutes. Check to see if skin is softened, then continue to microwave in 5 minute increments until skin is very soft and pliable.
NOTE: Be sure NOT to cook on full power AND that you pierce the squash all the way through, otherwise, you may end up with a squash explosion in your microwave. I've heard rumors...
- Remove squash from microwave and let it rest for 5-10 minutes to let it finish steaming.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out and discard the seeds. Scrape squash "noodles" from skin and into a bowl. Reserve half for another use.
- While squash cooks, prepare other ingredients and combine them in a medium bowl. Add cooked noodles to bowl and toss gently to combine.